- The Fareham Music Festival has implemented a Data Protection Policy to comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which come into force on 25th May 2018.
- The Festival maintains information on a variety of individuals to satisfy its contractual obligations to them:
- TEACHERS/PARENTS/GUARDIANS of competitors, COMPETITORS entered by themselves, COMMITTEE MEMBERS, VOLUNTEERS, ACCOMPANISTS, ADJUDICATORS, PAST COMPETITORS and others (names and contact details – to keep them informed of Festival events)
- COMPETITORS (names and dates of birth – for class lists and return of trophies)
- The information is kept securely in hardcopy and/or password-protected digital format and is available only to authorised Festival staff for legitimate purposes on a strict ‘need to know’ basis.
- The information will not be accessible from any public networks and will not be shared with any third party.
- You have the right at any time to review the information held for you and to request that it be modified or deleted. The Festival will comply with such requests within 10 working days.
- Personal information on competitors will be deleted after three years of inactivity. Other information will be kept until such time as the Festival no longer needs it or you request us to remove it.
- In the unlikely event of a data breach the Festival will inform you at the earliest opportunity.
This policy will be reviewed periodically to ensure that the Festival continues to meet the highest standards of Data Protection. This version issued May 2018.